Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back From the Dead?

It's been since April that I last posted.
Oh, the shame!
Unfortunately, it will be brief......

New music that I am listening to:
1. Arctic Monkeys "Humbug" it's been two years since the last cd. Sounds less harsh, which is a bad thing but will give it time to see if my opinion changes. Right now, to me, it could be back ground music for a party and you you would hardly notice it. Disappointing.
2. Grizzly Bear "Veckatimest" I have no idea what "Veckatimest" means either but it is a beautiful ambient electronic folk sounding cd. America's Radiohead is too simple of a description.
3. Cobra Starship "Hot Mess" a stupid fun nonsense cd. A summer party anthem album that is just goofy fun to listen to. Best song: "Hot Mess"
4. MIKA "Life in Cartoon Motion" I am late in getting into MIKA, he is a an English guy that is the reincarnation of Freddy Mercury. He sings usually in a falsetto but the vocals are really layered like Queen. I am looking forward to his new cd that comes out next month. The new single is "We are Golden" and it's terrific.

I did notice that I seemed to have a zoo theme going with the bands names but was purely accidental. I will leave with this..... I am also looking forward to Simian Mobile Disco's (LOL) new cd next month.... "Temporary Pleasure".

Mark

1 comment:

John Clifford said...

Back from the dead? Or are you now a "living dead?"

Enjoy it when you update. Please do it more often.